Born and raised in Tennessee. Resident of South Carolina for over 30 years.
“When I paint I simply enjoy the energetic flow and the creative process. It is a joy to follow my passion. Inspiration is infinite and the desire to express is extremely pressing.”
- Primarily self-taught
- I have continued the study of art on my own. My career path has taken many directions over 30 years and now I know they have all contributed to me becoming an artist.
- Working closely with artists as an art consultant led me to embark upon the path that I had abandoned as a young art student.
About My Work
The approach to my work stems from personal experience and exploration. A love of nature influences most of my paintings. Often the title will suggest the origin of the composition but the emotional quality is created by the choice of colors. The interplay of color provokes such pleasure for me as I paint that I don’t want it to end. Large, expressive, colorful works on canvas are what I enjoy painting the most.
- 2003-2008 Cameo Fine Art Gallery, Columbia, SC
- 2008-2008 I. Pinckney Simons, Beaufort, SC
- 2007-2008 Elena Madden Gallery, Habersham, SC
- 2003-2008 Ellen Taylor Interiors, Columbia, SC
- 2004-2008 Nancy Farish Fine Art Show, Columbia, SC
- 2004-2007 The Bus Stop Gallery, Columbia, SC
- 2005-2007 The Gallery at Dupre, Columbia, SC
- Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, Columbia, SC
- The Mungo Company corporate Headquarters, Columbia, SC
- Jim Hudson Toyota/Scion, Irmo, SC
- Trane Company, Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC
- Terra Restaurant, West Columbia, SC
- South Carolina Bar Association, Columbia, SC
- The Ivory Tower, Columbia, SC
- Columbia Metropolitan, April 2008